The VALE Assessment Committee and the VALE Shared Information Committee invite you to participate in a half-day Assessment Fair designed to inform VALE librarians about a variety of assessment techniques and products as well as to showcase individual library's assessment successes. Plan to attend and learn, and consider sharing your work by hosting a table or poster session.
What: Assessment Fair
Date: May 25, 2010
Time: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Place: Busch Campus Center, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey
Registration for attendees is not required.
The presentations at the VALE Assessment Fair:
* Assessing an Online Chemistry Tutorial: Findings from a Spring 2010 Organic Chemistry Class
* Capturing and Defining Reference Services Using LibAnswers and LibAnalytics
* Cataloging Assessment Survey Findings
* Changing Paradigm for Reference Services? Surveying the State of Reference in Academic Libraries in New Jersey
* Cheng Library Information Systems Service Assessment Survey
* Conducting User Studies at a Community College Library
* Counting Opinions Customer Satisfaction Survey
* Departmental Collection Analysis
* Determining the Value of Your Library
* Electronic Resources Assessment Tools - University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey - UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
* Focus Groups
* Information Literacy Assessment Quiz
* Information Literacy Program and Assessment
* Library Assessment Conference: Building Effective, Sustainable, Practical Assessment
* Online Information Literacy Assessments - do they work?
* Rubrics for Direct Assessment of Information Literacy
* RUL Learning Spaces Focus Groups
* Studying Students: The Ethnographic Research Project at Rutgers
* Successful Assessment...At Last!
* Testing, Testing: Using Google Docs for Assessment
* The Scary Results from Information Literacy Assessment!
* Using SurveyShare.com to Assess Information Literacy in FYE, ENG 101, and ENG 102
* Using the NCES Academic Library Survey Peer Comparison Tool
* Utilizing Google Analytics to Assess OPAC Effectiveness and User Search Behavior
Jeanne E. Boyle Associate University Librarian for Planning and Organizational Research Rutgers University Libraries